Pine Forest United Methodist Church began over 50 years ago with the help of some far-sighted members of Dublin First United Methodist Church who recognized the need for a new Methodist church in the community. The property was selected and purchased in early 1958. The Rev. James H. Wilson, the Dublin District Superintendent at that time, called a meeting for everyone interested to help select a name for the church, and on June 1, 1958 the name Pine Forest Methodist Church was chosen.
A parsonage was soon purchased at 1701 Highland Avenue and plans for our first service moved forward. The most logical place to hold services was the Moore Street School auditorium, with the first service and Sunday School held on June 22, 1958.
The first pastor of this new church was Rev. Ben F. Williams who, along with his wife Marilyn and son Steve, moved into the new parsonage on June 12, 1958. On August 12, 1959 ground-breaking ceremonies were held for the new church building. The first church services were held in the new church fellowship hall building on Palm Sunday, April 10, 1960.
With the leadership and direction of a variety of dedicated people, the church has grown and the facility has expanded to accomodate the present church. Our membership is currently 850 and growing! We have three services – two traditional and one contemporary, along with an active Sunday School program. There are activities and groups for people of all ages.
We are proud of our preschool that provides fun and education for children ages 18 months to 4 years old. This summer we will have 3 mission outreaches – Youth Music and Mission; the Jamaica Mission Trip and the Dominican Republic Mission Trip. We continue to reach out to our neighbors and to the world through worship, outreach and mission opportunities.